Monthly Archives: October 2014

The History of the Ferry County PUD

Electricity was first introduced to the town of Republic in 1901. After contracts with three different companies failed to produce power, the Town Council granted Patrick H. Walsh the franchise to produce and transmit electricity for the area. Walsh's company, The Republic Light & Power Company, built its generation plant on O'Brien Creek, about three…
Read more